Jewelry is one thing which needs more care than any other stuff of yours. Those shiny danglers and elegant jhumkas hold a precious place in a women’s heart. So caring about their jewelry should always be the first priority, here are some of the key tips which should be kept in mind to protect your jewelry.
- DO NOT WEAR IT WHILE WORKING: When one is doing some manual tasks, she should always remove her jewelry. This will help in preventing it from chemicals or other harmful fluids. Don’t wear jewelry while washing clothes, cleaning the house or when applying a face mask.
- REMEMBER TO PUT THE JEWELRY AT THE END: Always apply the jewelry once. Always apply the jewelry once you have applied the cosmetics, perfumes or other.
- WARM WATER TO WASH YOUR JEWELRY: Always wash your jewelry with warm water only; this will help in sustaining the color and newness of the jewelry.
- DON’T CLEAN DAMAGED JEWELRY: It is better to not clean the damaged jewelry ,Once your jewelry is broken or cracked it should be given out for repair and should not be cleaned at home.
- PREVENT JEWELRY FROM SULLYING: Many a times the jewelry we are using smudges, like silver or gold jewelry. To never let the shine go place silver anti-tarnish strips where you have stored your jewelry and this will absorb the oxidants.
- USE A BOX TO KEEP THE JEWELRY WHEN GOING OUT: Always remember to keep a jewelry box with you when you are traveling to a far off place. Jewelry made up of stones or gems are tending to get spoiled. So a case is always recommended for you to keep your jewelry safe.
- KEEP AN EYE: It is better to open up the jewelry boxes once in a month to untangle them. It is always recommended to check and inspect the jewelry before cleaning or even before wearing it.